Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

So, You Want A Man?




You know what? I don't care what anyone thinks or says after they read this. If you noticed above this blog page, the header reads, 'Just Telling It Like It Is. No Apology Necessary!' If you have an issue with it, no apologies from me. Blame Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo. It is not my fault they wrote the book, 'He's Just Not That Into You: The No-Excuses Truth To Understanding Guys.' I mean they are so fr**king right, it hurts to admit that as women, we have made some if not all of the mistakes they outline in the book. I am not embarassed to tell you that I have read this book and they are on Point!!! That's right, they got the gist on us ladies.

Why do we keep making excuses for a man when we know deep down he is not feeling us and that whatever we think is going on, is all in our head? Come on, tell the truth. You know you have done it. I have and it is part of life. It happens. There is no need to be ashamed about it. Embrace your feelings, deal with your desires and learn to control your proclivities, and then move on. Easy to say, hard to accomplish but hell you can do it.

When did we forget about letting the man be a lion and hunt us down. Truth be told, if a man really wants you, nothing is going to get in his way. That is the God honest truth. So, if you think you are the precious sun in his cloud, get over it. Think about it, 6 months, a whole year comes and goes, and he keeps telling you he is busy. Get the message, cut yourself some dignity and move on. I mean shut the door. Better still, slam it, that's right, a slam dunk and move on.

Don't go looking for excuses to call him so you can hear his coarse voice. What's wrong with a brotha calling a sista if he is really feeling her right?

If you are better than me in some cases and can maintain a friendship, go ahead but do not expect anything. Get your focus right and get busy. What are your passions? Start living for them. The right man for you will find you doing your thing. Get your groove back ladies.

Please for anyone out there, who is defending the friendship syndrome, I am not saying it is impossible but let's keep it real here. That is pure unadulterated bullsh*t. I am not a defender of the feminist movement and I have never counted myself to be one. However, one must tell the truth for what it is. Get over it and get a life.

I sympathise that it hurts to really like someone and they are not feeling you but that's life. It can be and is sometimes a b**ch. We all have to deal with it. If you learn this truth that your immediate needs are your wants and your needs will be met at the right time. You will be okay in the long-run. Stop going about town, telling everyone you need a man. We all do, well if you are straight that is. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with meeting the right person for you but you have got to celebrate yourself before he comes along or you are going to suffocate him. Enjoy the ride. Being a singleton might be a bus stop right now but the right man who will fufill and satisfy you on all sides is round the corner. If you like being touched like I do, even better. Bring it on baby!!!!

It is okay to have those moments when you don't want to go out with your girlfriends and want a man you can lean on. Don't deny what you feel but don't let it control you either. If not, you will find yourself settling for better than nothing and sooner than later, start wondering what went wrong?

Let me put it like this; it is a case whereby you really want a full course meal but because the local chip shop is closer, you settle for fish and chips. When you could have gone all to the to a five star restaurant, enjoyed the food and go one better, the atmosphere.

I'll say no more.

Selah!!!!!


Image from Amazon Books
www.amazon.com

4 comments:

Emz said...

Preach on sister. You're the second person to tell me about this book, so it's going straight onto my Amazon wishlist...

Dolly said...

Wow!! where have I been on this while......... you are da bomb

eddiie said...

Hmmmm..tell it like it is..Men can be crappy sometime.

Ondo Lady said...

Ha ha ha. This so true, I have read this book and it tells the truth just like you do. Loving your work. Also did you know that the book is being made into a film?