Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Hell! You Can Do It!



I have often wondered when you get to that point where you can say to yourself, well done!!! You got that right. Now keep walking, don’t stop. When do you get to that place in life, where you know without a doubt that you have arrived at your destination? Success beckons and you are certain this is it. No going back.

I don’t think we ever get to that place where you can fully say I have done all that I was born to do. There is always something to do. You might be elated about one achievement but before you know it, something else comes along that needs your attention.

I am a firm believer in positive thinking. Honestly, why occupy your mind with idle and meaningless thoughts when you can get creative and become a genius?

Look around you, what are people doing? Who do you aspire to become in the bear future? Why not find out what they are up to and get going? Study their habits and the patterns of their life, their success and failures? You will be amazed the number of times they gave it their all before they hit the ‘Big Time.’

I don’t know what your dream is but I know what mine is all about. I dream big and sometimes that gets me into trouble but hell, I refuse to die a photocopy of the society I have found myself in. I am original, created for this time and I am prefect for my assignment. If you go back to my previous entries, there is one titled ‘Dream Like A Fool,’ where I share my passion for writing stage plays. I am on it, doing my research, one day at a time. For me, it is a long term project. So, I am on track though there are days when I don’t think so. However, when I look back on my achievements, I am more than grateful to be here because not once did I think I would ever get the opportunity to do all that I am doing. I am willing to do the work, pay the price, so I can obtain the prize.

There is where I ask, what are you doing? How far have you come with your dream? Are you still in the land of tomorrow and then tomorrow gets here and before you know it, it is gone and, becomes yesterday? Take it from those who have gone ahead of us. Having a dream is the land of the unknown, it is no man’s land but when you discover the known in that unknown, you have mastered it and guess what another unknown is on the way to be discovered.

Hey, I am no expert, just an African Girl, who dreams big, wild at heart and I’m all things African but I’ll tell you what, I refuse to die as a counterfeit and hell no! I am not giving up. I just started because there is still so much to do.

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is doing it, Chinua Achebe is still achieving in his old age, what’s stopping you and I from winning those coveted prizes we only hear about?

Wake up, smell the coffee and refuse to go back to the soil with every dream you carry. Stop putting that task off. Get going, start working that dream.

Hell No! I forbid you to die without a legacy.


Image from Google Images

1 comment:

Dolly said...

Can't believe have read almost all your post, I've even added you to my blog roll

U write well.....keep it up