Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Too many black and Asian faces on TV, says BBC director Samir Shah | Media | guardian.co.uk

Too many black and Asian faces on TV, says BBC director Samir Shah | Media | guardian.co.uk

Please tell me what is going on here.

I am trying real hard to understand the context of his arguement. Is he saying that we have too many faces on the screen but not enough boss men behind the scene who make the decisions?

Is his arguement that the number of Black and Asian faces on the screen is overcompensating for the fact that we don't have enough Black and Asian people who are high on the job ladder in the media industry and can make those decisons which would revolutionise what we see on our TV screens at home?

Its a two way arguement. I am tempted to agree with him and I am eager to disagree with him.

Either way, he has been in this game longer than I have, so he must know what he is talking about.

What do you think?

No comments: