Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2008

It Only Takes One Man To Make History



Did you ever think that in your life time, a black man would be this close to becoming the next president of the United States?

It seems like what our fathers started on the plantation farms is about to be completed in the White House and my, my, my I believe it is possible. This is indeed, "Change That You Can Believe In."

I could not stop playing the Youtube video of Barack Obama's acceptance speech.

He is smart but he accepts he doesn't know it all.
He has come this far, yet, he is honest. 'The road ahead will be tough.'
He fills stadiums with thousands of people; black folks, white folks, Hispanics, you name it, yet, he remains humble.

Now, you tell me, what can possibly stop him or get in his way at this point in time?

It is a day Martin Luther King Jr, dreamed of in his famous speech, 'I have A Dream.' It looks like that prophecy is about to be fulfilled. A day when blacks, whites and Hispanics, and every race represented in America will come together and stand for change.

I am so glad that it is happening in my life time.

I may be looking in from the outside but it sure feels good to know that dreams do happen if you work hard for it.

I don’t know what the race against John McCain is going to be like but I bet you, it is not going to be an easy ride. However, I am looking forward to it because both camps are going to give as good as they have got but whose is going to be best?

We will all find out in November I believe.

Bring it on. Let’s get the history machine rolling.


Image: Google and Time Magazine



No comments: