Pages

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

One Day At A Time


Life has a way of making you sit up and think about yourself. It gives you everything but owes you nothing. At the beginning of the year, I set some goals for myself; fair to say I'm on them and making each goal happen one at a time.

However, I have also learnt that I am not 'Superwoman' and can't take on every task that comes my way. A little while back, I blogged on my ability to say 'No'. I have been practising that a lot lately. Saying no, not very nice and sometimes I still feel funny about it but I must say that I don't feel guilty anymore. Now when I say no, it's like a truck load of stress just dissolved.

I've also learnt to say no to myself. Deny myself of certain luxuries and get the things I really need. That is a good financial move because your dreams don't happen just talking about it. You must be willing to pay for it and it cost more than money. It cost your time and energy too.

So, here we are, April 2007. Do I think I am better off than I was a year ago? Oh, hell yes. You may be wondering how? Well let's say, I am now bold enough to speak my mind and not keep quite because I want to keep the peace. I'll leave that to the UN and their peace keeping force in every corner of the world.

I'm focused on what I want to get done and taking action steps to get there. Working on my first stage play and guess what, I have an artistic director helping me out and showing me the ropes.

Oh, how I could go on and on about myself but that is not what this blogpage is about. I have met people recently who are making their dreams happen and it makes me happy when someone challenges me and helps me realise there is more to be learnt. A theatre company by the name of Faith Drama Productions is coming your way, watch out because they just tell it like it is and we sure need more of that.
check them out at: http://www.faithdrama.org.uk/index.php

I'm plugging it because I know it's going to be bad to the bone. Don't say no one told you about them.

Making friends abroad. You know what they say, someone you know knows someone you need. I'll leave things on that note and tell you more as this cross atlantic friendship develops. One thing is fair, we have journalism in common. What is that adage about contacts. It's all about who you know right?

No comments: