Pages

Saturday, September 09, 2006

The Art Of Listening - Pt 4


Note: To fully understand The Art Of Listening Pt 4, you have to read 1, 2 and 3.

The bottom line is: “Knowing I need to listen and knowing how to listen is not enough. Unless I want to listen, unless I have the desire, it won’t be a habit in my life.” Stephen R. Covey – The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.

The Art of listening is a skill one must cultivate and that is a task you set for yourself as an individual. Before you read another word ask yourself what are my listening skills like? If you can rate yourself and be honest. You are on your way to developing a habit that will change the course of your life in more ways than you ever imagined.

When you learn to listen to instructions your tendencies to make mistakes are minimised. Think about that for a little while and tell yourself there is no reason to develop your listening skills.

Listening Is Indeed An Art And A Skill To Possess.

No comments: