Pages

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Sometimes We Win. Sometimes We Lose But Hopelessness Is Not An Option.



Have you ever felt sorry for yourself because you thought life was being unfair to you? if yes, join the club. You are not alone. However, be warned, don't stay in this club for too long because I just changed my mind. I am checking out and I mean right now. Why not come with me?

I work in an industry where, for every yes, you will most likely have received 10 NO's. Oh yes, that's journalism for you baby. Its unfair, its not nice but that's just life.

I have had one of those weeks, you know, where you try to do all you know to do in order to get ahead and today, I was this close to throwing in the towel and then I remembered it isn't so bad afterall. The truth is, I'm not the only one feeling despondent today.

There are others in the same boat. While I don't know if they decided to pack it in, I refuse to let one person's rejection of my idea keep me down. That's right, he rejected my idea not me. I am still here. Hence, I can go on and repackage that same idea because there is a million possibilities that someone out there will love it.

That's how we should see life. When people reject our ideas, even reject us. Its okay, their loss not ours. I say take that time to learn and regroup. Sometimes, departure is necessary for discovery.

So the editor I pitched to tells me the idea hasn't got an angle that is distinctive enough. Well, I am distinctive and unique, so, I'll go ahead and find an angle that is distinctive for another editor right? What he sid hurts but it could have been worse and he was nice. He was fair. I couldn't have asked for more.

Right now, I have two other options to explore and that's why I'm up this late to see what can become of this idea.

Malorie Blackman had 82 rejection letters before a publisher took her on and today she has over 50 books to her name. So, who am I to give up if she kept going?

I am all that and much more, so I refuse to give up.

That is the key to success, never giving up and staying relentless in the game of life.

Just like the image above, there is so much more to look up to. Stop bowing your head and start looking up.

Selah!


Image: Google Images

4 comments:

Unknown said...

~I'm looking up too just like you are. There is always a silver lining behind every cloud.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

So true. Optimism and faith will take us places we never imagined. Thanks for sharing this.

Unknown said...

Happy New Year girl. Seems you've not been coming to this page a great deal in recent times.

Ondo Lady said...

That's right, never ever give up and never lose sight of that dream. For every rejection think about what you have accomplished and move on.