Pages

Friday, March 23, 2007

Whose Propaganda?


When people queue outside in the rain in order to get their hands on some clothing item designed by a celebrity, makes you question what we live for in this day and age. Better still, what would make a person stand out in the cold, please don't forget it is still freezing cold? I am not against anyone wearing the latest trends. I sometimes think of myself as a little fashionista. No I don't work in the fashion industry; I just happen to know what looks good on me. That's right, I am that confident about it.

Now, let's get real. I am not calling any names but by now you get what I am talking about and come May another celebrity will be dropping her long awaited clothing line. Say no more. I can't get it round why people queue up for the sales and new clothing line. I'm sure they work. Did they take time off work for this special occasion? On the other hand, we are spending more money than we earn. Don't quote me on that, it's all over the news. Hence, you can't blame a girl like me for asking if some of these people are out there for the sake of looking the part when they are with friends or they go out.

Rest assured, I am not condemning anyone and we have all done it, a spot of emotional shopping but come on now, its time to wise up. Whose propaganda is this whole thing about the latest fashion trends? Does that mean you get rid of what was in vogue last summer to get this summers's must have?

I have no answers to these questions and I'm trying to figure it out myself. However, I have learnt my lessons from my days of wanting to be the Queen B when I walked into the room. It's not worth looking all styled and profiled with your account in the red.

I better stop now before I get a whole lot of people vexed and upset.

My question is still the same, whose propaganda is it and why are we empowering them to keep changing our wardrobe?

No comments: